I want to make a quick, not super exciting announcement: I’ve decided to start blogging exclusively on The Vegan Cookie Connoisseur, and stop posting here on SBYM. Here’s what that means:
1. Everything on here will remain unchanged. Every post, the travel guide, and anything on this blog will still be up for reference.
2. I’m not going to stop blogging; rather, almost everything I would write about here will go on The Vegan Cookie Connoisseur instead. It just makes more sense for me to focus on consistently updating one vegan food blog, rather than trying to manage two very similar blogs along with school and whatever else I’m working on. I’m going to be MoFo-ing on VCC this year too!
3. This definitely isn’t a bad thing. I had to learn the very important lesson of taking on a manageable schedule and workload several times before it actually sunk in. When I take on too many projects, I get super meticulous about each one and it becomes too much to handle. Then my productivity goes way down and I get really sad. But by keeping busy enough and thinking realistically, I can devote myself fully to each project I’m working on at the time and think completely about quality. And you know, have time to cook dinner, have fun, or get enough sleep. Leaving SBYM for a while/forever isn’t a response to anything crazy or hectic that’s been going on recently and posting here really isn’t a huge commitment. I’d just rather focus on one vegan food blog, and this is a solution for doing so.
4. I’m not sure how permanent this will actually be. I may bring SBYM back to life sometime in the future, revamp it into a totally new project, turn it into a zine and periodically update here, or decide to resume blogging in a few months, rendering this update completely pointless. I mean, I have to use this title for something again. The only thing I don’t want to do is randomly disappear without an explanation, even if I end up coming back here eventually.
5. I’m still vegan. Don’t worry, I’m waiting for the 10 year mark to start experimenting with dairy*.
Now that I won’t be posting here, there are plenty of other places I’ll be writing/posting vegan-related stuff on the world wide internet:
-My primary blog, The Vegan Cookie Connoisseur
-The Twitter machine, @kellypeloza
-Updates on The Vegan Cookie Connoisseur Facebook page
-My photography portfolio site, kellypeloza.com
-Articles on One Green Planet
Thank you so much for reading, commenting, and connecting over the past few years! See you around!
I’m going to leave you with a photo of BBQ seitan (beats your meat) ribs, veggie kabobs, and watermelon:
*Not really. Unless people are 3D printing cheese then. Still, gross!